Why Outsourcing Your Podcast Tasks is Key for Your Sanity with Joyce Gutierrez
Today I am chatting with Joyce Gutierrez of the Modern Creative Podcast. Joyce is a calligrapher, podcaster, and business coach for creative entrepreneurs. She helps creatives turn their hobbies into profitable businesses. In this episode, we talk about why outsourcing podcast tasks is key to your sanity.
In This Episode:
- Joyce shares about herself and her podcast.
- She wanted to give a behind the scenes look at a creative business.
- Her podcast is a sneak peek of what it looks like to run your own creative business.
- They do a mix of duos and interview format.
- She has a co-host on her podcast. It is great to have another person with another view.
- On interview shows, they have a topic, but keep it conversational.
- They vary show lengths and publish each week.
- They split the work, but hire out the show editing.
- Batching has been very successful for them.
- They choose not to have seasons for their show.
- Her struggle was not finding the right editor at the beginning.
- It is important to find a good fit when outsourcing tasks.
- Her listeners mostly come from her social media, especially Instagram. That is their main channel of promotions.
- They always reference the show notes on their show.
- Turning listeners into clients and customers
- The podcast allows clients to get to know her and her coaching style.
- It takes a while to build a podcast following.
- They look at analytics, do listener polls, and keep track of questions they are being asked.
- Know why you want to start a podcast.
- Start with beginner topics and move to more advanced topics.
- Importance of having a call to action
- Start where you are and you can add more and perfect your system down the line.
- Focus on building a rapport with your listeners at the beginning.
- Joyce’s favorite tool is Click Up.
- Joyce’s current favorite podcasts
Guest Bio: Joyce is a calligrapher, podcaster, and business coach for creative entrepreneurs. Through her membership, Creative Biz Circle, she helps creatives turn their hobbies into profitable businesses.
Girl Were You Alone Podcast
The Modern Creative Podcast
Joyce on Instagram
The Modern Creative Podcast on Instagram
Creative Biz Circle
Jenny’s Episode on The Modern Creative Podcast
Follow Us on Social Media:
Jenny’s Facebook Page