How to Surprise & Delight as a Podcast Guest with Mai-kee Tsang
Today I am chatting with Mai-kee Tsang of The Quiet Rebels Podcast. Mai-kee Tsang is a Podcast Publicity Mentor and Trainer who helps purpose-driven entrepreneurs to expand their reach, share their message, and grow their businesses to make a bigger impact on the world. She helps creatives turn their hobbies into profitable businesses. In this episode, we talk about how to surprise and delight as a podcast guest.
In This Episode:
- Mai-kee shares about herself and her podcast.
- You have a limited reach with your podcast unless you guest on other shows or run ads.
- She challenged herself to personally reach out to 101 other podcast hosts.
- Guesting on other podcasts is a great visibility strategy with a big benefit.
- You don’t need a huge following to guest on other podcasts.
- Lead with value and influence
- Return of Investment on being a podcast guest
- Rapport of Impact
- Service over Self Importance
- Is your ideal customer avatar a podcast listener? How do you best communicate your thoughts?
- Start with your overall strategy. Is a podcast going to bring the ROI that you are looking for?
- What makes you uniquely credible and what kind of story can you tell?
- Make topics adaptable for guest appearances.
- Make a list of podcasts that would be a good fit.
- Create a strong pitch.
- She always asks the podcast host what she can do to make the podcast valuable for their audience.
- Show up with your energy and appreciate the host.
- Promote the podcast episode once it airs and continue to build a relationship and support the host.
- Nurturing relationships is most important in business.
- Mai-kee puts out new episodes each week.
- Podcasting is a great medium for busy clients to consume.
- She started with just solo episodes, but now has more interviews.
- She is adding coaching and Q&A episodes.
- She surveyed her audience to see how she could better serve them.
- You can change your podcast however you want if it is not working for you anymore.
- Post episodes consistently.
- Use your podcast to share about your offerings and services.
- It often takes 8-12 touchpoints.
- Mai-kee’s current favorite podcasts
Guest Bio: Mai-kee Tsang is a Podcast Publicity Mentor and Trainer who helps purpose-driven entrepreneurs to expand their reach, share their message, and grow their businesses to make a bigger impact on the world. She does this by helping her clients and students land brand-aligned podcast interviews as a guest expert to create – what she calls – Value-Driven Visibility™ to attract and build a loyal audience.
Own Your Hustle
The Art of Online Business
Mai-kee on Instagram
Mai-kee on Facebook
Follow Us on Social Media:
Jenny’s Facebook Page