Why You Should Have Shownotes for Your Podcast
Hey Savvies! In today’s quick episode, we’re talking all about shownotes. I talk about what they are, why they’re important, where to put them, and more.
In this episode:
- Podcast shownotes are written content that accompanies your podcast episodes. They include things like links mentioned, guest bios, social media links, and other calls to action.
- Shownotes allow your audience to dive deeper into the content with you so I highly recommend you have them handy for your audience.
- You’ll have to include an episode description with your uploads so I like to encourage people to put some form of their shownotes here.
- I think having a website that houses your shownotes among other things is definitely important.
- I highly recommend at least linking the important links and calls to action within your episode description in your podcast host so that your listeners can easily follow you on social media, grab your freebies, and start converting from listeners to leads.
And if you’re struggling with even knowing where to begin with podcasting, I can help. Head to http://www.savvypodcastingforentrepreneurs.com/consult and book your free call with me today. I can’t wait to hear from you!
Thanks so much for listening to today’s episode. You can find the show notes for this episode by going to http://www.savvypodcastingforentrepreneurs.com/episode-159
Make sure to join the Savvy Podcasting for Entrepreneurs FB group if you haven’t already. It is such a great place to build connections with other podcasters who are in the same boat as you.
Book Your Free Consult Call
Podcast Submission Checklist
Follow Us on Social Media:
Jenny’s Facebook Page