Today I am chatting with Amanda Cross of The Ambitious Freelancer Podcast. Amanda Cross is a blogger, freelancer, and podcaster from Arkansas. She teaches beginning and intermediate freelancers about the world of freelancing through solo podcasts and interviews. In this episode, we talk about why it’s okay to not have everything perfect when starting your podcast.
What We Discuss In This Episode:
- Amanda shares about herself and her podcast.
- She has a Facebook group as a supplement to her podcast where she talks about freelancing.
- She loves the interaction from the Facebook group and Facebook lives.
- Consistently is important for a podcast.
- She started with solo episodes but now has both solo and interview episodes.
- Her podcast is published every week on Thursday.
- Getting out of your comfort zone
- She found that her audience resonates with 25-30 minute long episodes.
- She has found listeners will tune in weekly for longer episodes.
- Include a consistent call to action
- Ask for reviews and tell listeners the next steps
- Most of her listeners are coming from Instagram.
- Use SEO and certain keywords and phrases. Check which keywords and phrases are most popular.
- Having good keywords in your show notes helps on Google search and with SEO.
- Start with show notes from the beginning.
- Add your website to Google Search Console.
- She shares about her digital downloads and freelancer journals on her podcast and in show notes.
- She shares what is coming up and getting them excited about it in her Facebook group and on Instagram.
- Friends of the show page with guests
- Perfect is not applicable. Just start and you will improve as you go.
- You will learn more about podcasting along the way. It doesn’t need to be perfect.
- Amanda’s current favorite podcasts
Amanda Cross is a blogger, freelancer, and podcaster from Arkansas. She started creating content online in 2011, and the latest endeavor to be added to her internet resume is her podcast, The Ambitious Freelancer. On her show, she teaches beginning and intermediate freelancers about the world of freelancing through solo podcasts and interviews.
The Freelance Friday Podcast
The Ambitious Freelancer Website
Amanda on Instagram
Amanda on LinkedIn
Amanda on Facebook
Follow Us on Social Media:
Jenny’s Facebook Page