Today I am chatting with Alessandra Pollina of The Female Millennial Entrepreneur Podcast. In addition to offering full-service PR, Alessandra also loves to work one on one with business owners to train them on the tactics, strategy, and implementation best-practices for carrying out their own PR and marketing, so that they are empowered to promote their businesses and build their brands. She offers individualized training, in-person workshops, and a self-paced online course all to this end. In this episode, we talk about the power of PR for your podcast.
What We Discuss In This Episode:
- Alessandra shares about herself and her podcast.
- Her podcast came from a meetup group she had started for female millennial entrepreneurs in her city.
- She has been recording her podcast for over a year.
- She didn’t start very consistently but is very consistent now.
- She alternates solo and interview episodes.
- Her solo episodes often focus on public relations and marketing strategies and tactics for your business.
- Alessandra puts out one solo episode and one interview each month.
- Having a schedule for your podcast is very important to maintain listeners.
- She launched with multiple episodes.
- The best thing for her is having an editor and podcast manager.
- She started outsourcing about 6-9 months after launching her podcast.
- Start with strong marketing and building listenership from the beginning.
- Most of her listeners are coming from her female entrepreneur’s group and guest shares.
- Her podcast is her passion project.
- She adds offerings from her PR business to her show.
- The podcast helps listeners get to know her more and how she works.
- Build excitement on social media
- Batch recording
- Choose a podcast topic you love and are passionate about.
- Start out and stay organized.
- Write down as many topics about your specific podcast before starting.
- Alessandra’s current favorite podcasts
Alessandra Pollina grew up in a small town in Vermont before moving to Boston to attend Boston University’s College of Communication. She obtained a Bachelor of Science in Communications with a focus on public relations, and a minor in anthropology. Throughout her college years, she held many internships in the PR field at some of the best agencies in Boston. This vast array of experiences became the foundation of her PR career and positioned her to launch her own company, Pollina PR + marketing, a full-service boutique PR and marketing agency, in 2012 at just 23 years old. In addition to offering full-service PR, Alessandra also loves to work one on one with business owners to train them on the tactics, strategy, and implementation best-practices for carrying out their own PR and marketing, so that they are empowered to promote their businesses and build their brands. She offers individualized training, in-person workshops, and a self-paced online course all to this end. She gets particularly fired up by working with fellow female entrepreneurs and loves to take part in spreading their messages to the world. In 2016 she founded the Female Millennial Entrepreneurs Boston networking group which aims to bring like-minded entrepreneurs and business owners together for in-person connection and learning experiences. In 2019 she launched The Female Millennial Entrepreneur Podcast, a podcast by and for female millennial entrepreneurs, inspired by the group but with an international reach. She lives in Boston with her husband and 5-year-old son.
Boss Babe Podcast
The Female Millennial Entrepreneur Podcast
Pollina PR on Instagram
The Female Millennial Entrepreneur Podcast on Instagram
Follow Us on Social Media:
Jenny’s Facebook Page