Today I am chatting with Alexis Romeril of the Pajama Pack podcast. Alexis is a passionate professional development coach. She is a firm believer that everyone deserves a fair chance to land the career of their dreams, which is why she began Alexis Romeril Coaching. Her podcasting stint came first because she wanted to find a way to give free resources to anyone who might need them In this episode, we talk about the importance of embracing progress over perfection.
What We Discuss In This Episode:
- Alexis shares about herself and her podcast.
- She overcame her fear of failure and took a leap of faith and started her podcast.
- She has been recording her podcast for a year.
- She started her podcast to provide free content for women in the business world, freshly graduated from college, or looking to change careers.
- She starts each month with a solo episode and the other three weeks she has interview episodes.
- She releases new episodes on Sunday.
- She records when she feels it in her heart instead of batch recording.
- She recommends Anchor to a new podcaster.
- She appreciates that she tried many different technologies.
- She wishes she had a better plan when she started her podcast.
- Launch what you have.
- Most of her listeners are coming from social media and word of mouth.
- Ask listeners to rate your podcast on Apple.
- She uses the podcast as a sounding board for future training topics.
- Calls to actions to promote her training and freebies
- Find balance with selling and ads
- Market research through polls with listeners
- Importance of making her listeners feel heard
- Write down five things you are passionate about and from those five branches what could you talk about. Work through and see which would work for a podcast.
- Choose a podcast topic that you are passionate about.
- What could you talk about for hours on end without running out of topics?
- Get specific and narrow down on your topics
- Alexis’ current favorite podcasts
Alexis Romeril is a hockey wife, dog mama, wine lover, and passionate Professional Development Coach. She is a firm believer that everyone deserves a fair chance to land the career of their dreams, which is why she began Alexis Romeril Coaching. Her podcasting stint came first (before the coaching platform) because she wanted to find a way to give free resources to anyone who might need them. On Pajama Pack, they talk about everything from personal branding to work/school anxiety to professional development tips. It’s for anyone who wants to learn from their pajamas…get it? 😉 Some extra things, she graduated with a Bachelor of Sports Business Management and met her husband at University. They both played sports. She played softball and he played hockey.
Sword and Scale
Don’t Keep Your Day Job Podcast
Goal Digger Podcast
The Heart Lessons Podcast
Pajama Pack Podcast
Alexis on Facebook
Alexis on Instagram
Alexis on LinkedIn
Alexis on Pinterest
Follow Us on Social Media:
Jenny’s Facebook Page