Today I am chatting with Rianna Hill of the Pancake Digibits Podcast. Rianna has been working in digital marketing since first freelancing gigs in 2009, starting Pancake Digital Solutions(R) in 2017, inspired by this freelance work and a passion to improve the social media marketing industry. In this episode, we talk about her experience in a podcasting network.
What We Discuss In This Episode:
- Rianna shares about herself and her podcast.
- She has been in business for over three years and podcasting for about 10 months.
- She was doing many Facebook live videos and her audience encouraged her to start a podcast.
- Rianna does a combination of solo and interview episodes. She publishes weekly.
- Her interview episodes are about 20 minutes long and her digital marketing bites are 5-10 minutes long.
- She values the incredible business and personal relationships that she is forming through the podcast.
- Creating content by the means of a podcast has tons of reach.
- Podcasting can lead to referrals and you can refer guests too. Podcasting is a great way to collaborate with others.
- Her podcast publishes through a radio station, so she is mostly hands-off for the publishing process.
- She wishes she had more data and engagement with her audience.
- Encourage listeners to connect through social media to have a two-way conversation.
- You can start and tweak as you go along.
- Most of her listeners are coming from self-promotions and guest promotions.
- Podcasting is a learning experience. You learn as you go.
- Her podcast is a platform to answer frequently asked questions.
- Another goal of her podcast is to connect with other business owners.
- Her podcast is another way to provide value to people.
- She keeps listeners coming back by finding good guests with interesting stories to share.
- She provides short nuggets of information to benefit her guests.
- Her advice is to look at why you are creating your podcast and get really clear on your purpose.
- Your strategy evolves and changes as you go, but having the goal that you hope to accomplish helps you get started. You want to know where your destination is.
- Rianna’s current favorite podcasts
Rianna M. Hill was born in Denver, Colorado and now lives around the country as a Navy Wife and soon to be mom. She has been working in digital marketing since first freelancing gigs in 2009, starting Pancake Digital Solutions(R) in 2017, inspired by this freelance work and a passion to improve the social media marketing industry. Currently pursuing a Doctorate in business administration, Rianna is often taking classes and learning new things. You can often see her walking her dogs, trying a new coffee shop, or obsessively crafting.
Pancake Digibits Podcast
Pancakes Digital Solutions
Rianna on Facebook
Rianna on Instagram
Rianna on LinkedIn
Rianna on Twitter
Rianna on YouTube
Rianna on Pinterest
Follow Us on Social Media:
Jenny’s Facebook Page