Hey Savvies! Welcome back to the Savvy Podcasting for Entrepreneurs podcast. Today we’re back with another solo episode. In this episode, we’re chatting about taking a break from your show during the holidays and if you should or shouldn’t do it.
If you’re planning on launching your show in 2021 but want to make sure that you have everything you need to have a successful launch, then make sure to download the checklist.
To grab the checklist, click here and get started today!
- I personally typically take a break from releasing new episodes on Thanksgiving Day because my episodes go live on Thursday and in the US Thanksgiving is always on Thursday.
- I also typically take off the week of Christmas and then the week of New Years’ from putting out new episodes.
- Since my podcast’s seasons are from January-December, this is my way of getting to take 3 weeks off a year without having to worry about potentially losing some listeners along the way.
- If you want to learn more about if your show should have seasons or not, I recommend checking out episode 156 of the podcast.
- Most people’s audiences are busy spending time with their families during the holidays so downloads tend to decrease during this time anyway.
- I would use your best judgment on if you should release new episodes or not.
- Depending on the type of podcast, it may be a good thing to release during that time but if you’re just a regular business podcast, then I’d say take the 2-3 weeks off from releasing new episodes.
Make sure to join the Savvy Podcasting for Entrepreneurs FB group if you haven’t already. It is such a great place to build connections with other podcasters who are in the same boat as you.