Hey Savvies! Welcome back to the Savvy Podcasting for Entrepreneurs podcast. In today’s quick solo episode, I’m going to be chatting about if you should have ads on your podcast or not.
Before we dive into the episode, I wanted to tell you a bit about my 5 mistakes you’re probably making with your podcast guide. In this guide, I share the 5 big mistakes you’re probably making with your podcast and how to combat them.
If you want to grab the guide, click here and get started today!
- There are so many different ways to monetize your show, ads are just one of the ways to do so.
- There are a few different types of ads you can do.
- First are advertisements for products. This is where you share about different brand’s products and typically receive a flat fee per episode and a lot of the time includes a discount code for your listeners to use to get a percentage off of their purchase.
- Next are advertisements for other services. This can be for local or national services and the service provider pays you a fee for being able to advertise on your show. This also likely includes some sort of discount code for your followers as well.
- Lastly, you can do self-hosted ads where you share about your free and paid offerings on your show.
- If you are considering using ads on your show, I want you to first think about the following things.
Is the ad segment really relevant to my podcast? If you’re considering ads other than self-hosted ads, you need to think about if it is worth your while.
- Most podcasters don’t see thousands of downloads per episode so the pay may not be worth it in the long run.
Make sure to join the Savvy Podcasting for Entrepreneurs FB group if you haven’t already. It is such a great place to build connections with other podcasters who are in the same boat as you.