Hey Savvies! Welcome back to another episode of Savvy Podcasting for Entrepreneurs. In today’s episode, we’re chatting all about the podcast market and if it is too saturated or not.
But before we dive into the episode, I wanted to quickly tell you a little bit about my upcoming free virtual summit – the Profitable Podcast Summit. If you’ve been following me for a while, you’d know that I have hosted several summits in the past with my biz bestie Lindsey but this will be my very first solo summit and I’m so excited.
During this free virtual event, I’ll be joined by 15 other podcast experts to chat about how to launch, grow, and monetize your podcast in 2021. So both current and aspiring podcasters will benefit from the content shared during this live event. This summit will be held from February 1st-4th so mark your calendars and grab your ticket here!
In today’s episode, I wanted to chat a little about why the podcasting market is not too saturated.
- I’ve seen so many posts in Facebook groups recently asking if the podcast market is already too saturated for them to consider starting a podcast and the answer is NO!
- According to Oberlo, there are currently more than 600 million blogs on the internet. As for active podcasts, there are only 850,000 as of January 2020.
- I know that podcasting definitely grew a lot in 2020 so the January 2020 stat is definitely a little outdated but there’s no way it surpassed the number of blogs out there, not even close. So podcasting is not saturated.
- Now is the perfect time to get into podcasting because it is still a pretty untapped market. Although there are podcasts about nearly everything, if you’re in a more niche area, you won’t have too much competition and can easily start to be seen as a leader in your industry.
- My biz bestie Lindsey and I launched a new podcast called Virtual Summit Secrets yesterday. The podcast is about all things to do with hosting a virtual summit.
- The podcasting space actually isn’t too saturated yet contrary to popular belief.
- If you’re still a little bit on the fence about starting your podcast fully flesh out your idea, do some research, and see if podcasting is really something that you want to commit to at this time.
- It is a lot of work but it is so worth it in the long run and has resulted in so much personal and professional growth for me and I know it has done the same for my clients.
- If you’re planning on starting your podcast this year, then make sure to sign up for my free Virtual Summit – the Profitable Podcast Summit so that you can learn how to start, grow, scale, and monetize your podcast.
And if you’re struggling with even knowing where to begin with podcasting, I can help. Head here and book your free call with me today. I can’t wait to hear from you!
Make sure to join the Savvy Podcasting for Entrepreneurs FB group if you haven’t already. It is such a great place to build connections with other podcasters who are in the same boat as you.