Hey savvies! Welcome back to another episode of Savvy Podcasting for Entrepreneurs. In today’s episode we’re chatting about 5 mistakes you’re probably making with your podcast.
Before we dive in, I wanted to mention my free masterclass – how to make money from your podcast without relying on ad sponsorships because ad sponsorships AREN’T the only way to monetize your podcast as you’ll learn in this episode.
If you want to learn more about how to monetize without ad sponsorships, head here and snag your seat today.
So if you’re brand new to podcasting or have been podcasting for awhile, you might be making some of these 5 mistakes.
- Lack of Clear Direction – So many people come up with this amazing podcast idea and run with it but they don’t do the work beforehand to make sure that it’s 100% aligned with their offerings. Your podcast should go hand-in-hand with your business, not work against you.
- Not Showcasing Your Expertise – Even if you host an interview-style podcast, your show should still showcase your expertise. Consider adding some solo episodes or offer more of your own input during your guest episodes so that your audience knows that you have authority in your space.
- Inconsistent Posting Schedule – You can’t show up only when you feel like it and expect the same results. Consistency is so important when it comes to podcasting. Set a schedule and stick to it because your loyal listeners are counting on you.
- Not Utilizing Other Podcasts – A big way that I have grown my own show is by being on other people’s podcasts and sharing a little about my own podcast throughout the episode. This allows you to get in front of new audiences.
- Not Using Strategic Ad Placements – I don’t advocate monetizing your show with sponsorships that pay pennies on the dollar. Instead, I recommend inserting your own self-hosted ads within your episodes because these will have more impact on your business at the end of the day.
If you’re struggling with even knowing where to begin with podcasting, I can help. Head here and book your free call with me today. I can’t wait to hear from you!
Make sure to join the Savvy Podcasting for Entrepreneurs FB group if you haven’t already. It is such a great place to build connections with other podcasters who are in the same boat as you.