Today I am chatting with Laura Bauder of Profit From Podcasting. Laura is a podcast strategist who supports female entrepreneurs with using podcasting as a lead generation and marketing strategy in their business. She is the host of Profit From Podcasting, the creator of The Podcast Vault membership, and a proponent of more women sharing their messages with the world. In this episode, we are going to talk about many of the benefits of outsourcing your podcast.
What We Discuss In This Episode:
- Laura shares about herself and her business.
- Clubhouse is a new platform or networking app with audio chat rooms.
- The speakers in a room can’t hear you when you enter a room. In order to speak on a stage, you have to raise your hand and be invited to speak on the stage.
- One way you can grow your own podcast is to host your own rooms. She tries to do a room every week a few days after her episode realizes. She also tries to get the podcast guest to come to the room.
- Another way to use Clubhouse intentionally as a podcaster is to think about finding guests for your show or finding potential opportunities to be a guest on another show.
- The only clickable links you can currently include on Clubhouse right now are your Instagram or Twitter.
- Don’t be afraid to carry connections beyond Clubhouse.
- There are so many opportunities to connect with people on Clubhouse.
- If you are hosting a room you can set the time expectation or limit upfront.
- Every once in a while if you are hosting you reset the room and remind everyone what is going on.
- Decide what your goal is for being on Clubhouse.
- Look at the events scheduled at the beginning of the week and add them to your calendar if it is something you really want to attend.
- If a room is scheduled in advance think about what value you might add and raise your hand early on in the room to be part of the conversation
- Clubhouse is rolling out new features all the time.
- Optimize your Instagram and Twitter bio so when people connect they can link to your podcast or other parts of your business.
- Add personal things about yourself to your Clubhouse bio. Emojis are searchable on Clubhouse.
- Your Clubhouse account is currently connected to your phone number so you can only have one account at this time.
- Clubhouse can be a worthwhile way to increase Instagram followers or podcast listeners if that is where your audience is hanging out.
- Laura shares her favorite podcasts.
Laura Bauder is a podcast strategist who supports female entrepreneurs with using podcasting as a lead generation and marketing strategy in their business. She is the host of Profit From Podcasting, the creator of The Podcast Vault membership, and a proponent of more women sharing their messages with the world.
This American Life
Real Crime Profile
Laura on Instagram
Laura on Clubhouse
PodcastHERs Facebook Group
Profit from Podcasting
Follow Us on Social Media:
Jenny’s Facebook Page
5 Mistakes You’re Making With Your Podcast