Today I am chatting with Melissa Guller of Wit & Wire Podcast. Melissa Guller is the CEO of Wit & Wire, where she helps online business owners build their authority, reach new audiences, and expand their earning potential through podcasting. In this episode, we are going to talk about building a community around your podcast.
What We Discuss In This Episode:
- Melissa shares about herself and her business.
- About four years ago, she started getting into podcasting. She helps her clients launch their own shows.
- She shares how she started her first podcast. She did have a clear listener in mind, but not a clear tie to the business she was hoping to build.
- You have to choose where you put your time and energy and you can’t do it all.
- A community can just be a place where you connect with other people. People are craving two-way communication.
- Clubhouse is one way to network, build a community, and meet new people.
- There are two social media types: a comment or feed-based interaction (Facebook & Instagram) and a search engine (Pinterest and YouTube).
- Test the new features on social media platforms to see what works for you.
- People follow specific instructions better than vague ones. Ask people to engage with something that is very specific.
- Focus on quality over quantity. In every post you share, end with a question that your followers can answer in the comments.
- By elevating others, it only shows off you as an expert more.
- She replies to every single comment on every single post. It really adds up and makes a difference.
- For some topics, starting a Facebook community makes a ton of sense. The key is offering value and encouraging the members to engage with each other.
- Building community is a great thing on Instagram when people are not paying you. A student only community is a great place to share all your best knowledge and help them connect with each other.
- Reference what your business does in every podcast episode and more often online. Talking about what you do is critical.
- Getting them from your podcast to your email list is very important. Have a free opt-in that is legitimately valuable.
- Remember selling is actually mutual. Both parties are going to benefit.
- Melissa shares her favorite podcasts.
Melissa Guller is the CEO of Wit & Wire, where she helps online business owners build their authority, reach new audiences, and expand their earning potential through podcasting. Her first big podcast, “Everything is Teachable” topped the charts as the #2 Career Podcast in the US. Then, after producing over 100 podcast episodes across multiple shows, Melissa realized that any coaches and course creators could use her simple templates and systems to start revenue-generating podcasts for their businesses. To date, Melissa has helped hundreds of diverse business owners launch new podcasts through her online programs and the Wit & Wire Podcast, found in all major apps.
Soundtracks By Jon Acuff
Crime Junkie Podcast
Sword and Scale
Wit & Wire Podcast
Melissa on Pinterest
Melissa on Instagram
Follow Us on Social Media:
Jenny’s Facebook Page
5 Mistakes You’re Making With Your Podcast