Today I am chatting with Kim Tradewell. Kim is a podcast strategist and she created her company, May and James co. to ensure that businesses of any size have the opportunity to share their unique brand voice with their audiences through audio in a way that works with their business. In this episode, we are going to talk about how to utilize private podcasts to get your message out there.
What We Discuss In This Episode:
- Kim shares about herself and how she got started as a podcast strategist.
- Podcasting can be your anchor or pillar to all your content.
- Podcasting gives people a chance to know, like, and trust the host.
- It gives you the ability to get in front of other audiences too.
- What are the key differences between public and private podcasts?
- Private podcasts are not searchable. You get a private RSS feed.
- Private feeds can bring many opportunities to a business.
- You can use a private feed as a lead magnet for your marketing, launch or challenge content, and so much more.
- Private audio can set you apart from the pack and make you stand out. It gives extra value to your clients and students.
- Many audio summits are using private feeds.
- Benefits of Private Podcasts
- If you are not used to audio testing with a private podcast is a great start. Most clients start with either public or private podcasts.
- Kim uses Hello Audio to host private podcasts. Jenny has also used Captivate.
- Private feeds are building momentum. It is on the uptrend and there are many opportunities.
- Try to figure out how you want to use the private podcast in your business first.
- Hello Audio is so easy to use so just hit record. You really just need a private space to record.
- Kim shares her favorite podcasts.
Meet Kim, your podcast strategist! After a decade of working in the field of health promotion, she noticed a shift in how people consumed information. Not only does the content have to be relatable, but the way we deliver it has to be unique and accessible. This is where creating audio assets comes in. The power of hearing someone’s voice, to be able to feel their struggles and triumphs was key. Using this experience she started her company, May and James co. to ensure that businesses of any size have the opportunity to share their unique brand voice with their audiences through audio in a way that works with their business.
Create Your Laptop Life
Cubicle to CEO
Coffee and Converse
The Launch Playbook
Make it Marketable
Kim on Instagram
Follow Us on Social Media:
Jenny’s Facebook Page
5 Mistakes You’re Making With Your Podcast