Today I am chatting with Christina Lenkowski. Christina Lenkowski is a forward-thinking podcast publicist and educator for entrepreneurs, speakers, and authors looking to expand their credibility and go from “best-kept secret” to “go-to expert” in their industries through being a guest on other people’s podcasts. In this episode, we are going to talk about how to be a great guest and improve your ROI on appearances.
What We Discuss In This Episode:
- Christina shares about herself and how she got started as a podcast publicist.
- Once you are ready to do the podcast interview, follow the host on whatever platform you are active on to start building a connection with them.
- Listen to an episode of the show right before you’re going to be a guest to help you know what they might be asking and the general vibe of the show.
- The relationship with the host is very important.
- After being on the show, thank the host for having you, giving their time, and asking how you can support them.
- Keep in contact with the host and reuse the podcast interview over and over again.
- Continue to promote the episode and make sure to tag the host. The magic is in the sustained spotlight.
- If you are a guest you have to be sharing the episode at least once and tagging the host.
- Share the podcast episode as a replay on your show if possible.
- Collaboration is essential in the online space.
- During the interview provide so much value and make sure people know where to find you.
- Have that one thing that you can drive people to with a really easy URL.
- PR analytics are really hard to guarantee and measure.
- If you have a podcast on your own you usually get a lot of downloads of your show and an increase following the day your guest appearances go live.
- Christina shares her favorite podcasts.
Christina Lenkowski is a forward-thinking podcast publicist and educator for entrepreneurs, speakers, and authors looking to expand their credibility and go from “best-kept secret” to “go-to expert” in their industries through being a guest on other people’s podcasts.
In 2019, after 13 years working in the PR realm, Christina discovered what being a guest on podcasts did for her online-based business — since then she’s dedicated her work to helping other business owners, particularly women, see the same kind of results.
She’s been a guest on over 40 podcasts, including Her Empire Builder, Proffitt Podcast, and Health Coach Nation, and helped her private clients get booked on over 150 top-rated shows, including The Online Business Show with Tyler McCall, The Heather Sager Show and Get Paid with Claire Pelletreau, among others.
Christina lives in Boise, Idaho, USA, with her husband and daughter.
Heather Sager Show
Visionary CEO Podcast
My Favorite Murder Podcast
Tom Brown’s Body
Christina on Instagram
Follow Us on Social Media:
Jenny’s Facebook Page
5 Mistakes You’re Making With Your Podcast