Today I am chatting with Jessi Beyer. Jessi Beyer is an award-nominated international speaker and the #1 best-selling author of How To Heal: A Practical Guide To Nine Natural Therapies You Can Use To Release Your Trauma. Named a 2020 “Young Entrepreneur to Watch” by IdeaMensch, she has been featured in over 160 media outlets, including Thrive Global, Refinery29, and Elite Daily, and has spoken to thousands of people around the world. In this episode, we are going to talk about how to use your podcast in the book writing process.
What We Discuss In This Episode:
- Jessi shares about herself and her journey as an entrepreneur. She is an author and speaker in the field of mental health.
- She studied psychology in college and shortly after college wrote her first book. She became an entrepreneur right after college.
- People often don’t write a book and achieve that goal because they feel overwhelmed by the writing and publishing process. 80% of Americans want to write a book.
- New routes for publishing are opening up and becoming more accessible for people.
- Mindset is the first piece before publishing a book. You need to get into a position where you feel comfortable and confident moving forward and sharing your mission, values, and expertise with other people.
- Then you need to figure out what you want to write about. You have to pick a topic that you have some level of expertise in. What do you want to do for the next 30 years?
- You do not have to write your book in 30 days. Find a schedule that is going to work for you and set a manageable goal to write your book.
- The purpose of the first draft is to get the ideas out of your head and onto paper. Use the 3X3 framework.
- Start by taking your experience and expertise and asking yourself what they need to know, why are those things important, and how they implement them, and then you can write your book from there.
- There are two main ways you can use a podcast as a benefit in your author’s journey. You have an audience already and your podcast is your testing ground.
- Look at your analytics and see what content your audience really likes and incorporate that into the book you are writing.
- Use your podcast to test your topics. Do an episode with each topic and see how your audience reacts to that episode.
- If you are a podcast host that has guests on your show you also have a built-in network to market and launch your book.
- There are limitless ways to grow your business or podcast with a book. One way is to use your book readers to drive listeners to your podcast. On your podcast, you can also talk about your book.
- A book is a very accessible way to open the door to your world.
- A podcast or blog book tour can be beneficial if you focus on the value you can provide to their listeners.
- Jessi shares her favorite podcasts.
Jessi Beyer is an award-nominated international speaker and the #1 best-selling author of How To Heal: A Practical Guide To Nine Natural Therapies You Can Use To Release Your Trauma. Named a 2020 “Young Entrepreneur to Watch” by IdeaMensch, she has been featured in over 160 media outlets, including Thrive Global, Refinery29, and Elite Daily, and has spoken to thousands of people around the world through groups like Penn State University, Leadercast NOW, and the Institute on Violence, Abuse, and Trauma’s international summit. Outside of her professional life, Jessi is an MA candidate in critical psychology and human services at Prescott College and a K9 search and rescue handler with her dog, Phoebe.
Girls Gotta Eat
We Can Do Hard Things
Jessi on Instagram
Follow Us on Social Media:
Jenny’s Facebook Page
5 Mistakes You’re Making With Your Podcast