Today I am chatting with Jen Liddy. Jen Liddy is a content creation specialist. She helps personal brands & service-based entrepreneurs uncover content creation systems, strategies, & messaging that feel good so they can stop treading water in the deep end of the content marketing pool. In this episode, we talk about how to repurpose your podcast content to reach more people
What We Discuss In This Episode:
- Jen shares about herself and how she got started in the online space. She used to be a high school English teacher and then left high school teaching to go on to college teaching.
- Now she is just doing content creation and she has built her entire business around that.
- Podcasting is an amazing main marketing platform because people can go back for years and listen.
- Our audience can benefit from hearing the gem in our podcast in more than one way.
- There are so many things you can do with the podcast content that is already there. You do not need to be baking the bread from scratch every time.
- If you are repurposing content on your social media you can pull out a gem or insight and share that on your social media. On your social media platforms share why they should listen to your podcast and your takeaways.
- People are always wondering what is in it for them and that is what you have to break down for them.
- Your pins on Pinterest can link people back to your podcast.
- It is important to transcribe podcast episodes and post them as blog posts for people that prefer to read. Videos of podcast interviews can be repurposed on YouTube.
- Create systems on platforms that work for your personality and strengths.
- Start with home base content – the place you are creating content for first. Then break the podcast up into other content – video on YouTube, transcribe for blog posts, email to listeners, and social media posts.
- Social media is the last content because it is just pulled out nuggets of information.
- People need to hear things 7-9 times before they actually absorb it so it is okay to reuse your content.
- It is normal for your audience to fluctuate.
- Jen shares her favorite podcasts.
Jen Liddy is a content creation specialist. She helps personal brands & service-based entrepreneurs uncover content creation systems, strategies, & messaging that feel good so they can stop treading water in the deep end of the content marketing pool – and more easily grow, nurture, & convert their ideal audience!
Literally! With Rob Lowe
The Customized Content Creation Planner
Jen on Instagram
Follow Us on Social Media:
Jenny’s Facebook Page
5 Mistakes You’re Making With Your Podcast